On April 2, we are getting together again for our increasingly popular Spring.Bike.Ottawa afternoon, which has grown into Ottawa’s premier bike advocacy event.
The event focuses on local cycling updates in Ottawa, and we have hosted many speakers over the last five years, from Pathway Patrol to Safer Roads Ottawa and from the Ottawa Bicycle Club to a presentation about wayfinding.
A very popular item is the networking break, when everyone gets a chance to catch up with friends after a (not so) long winter. We’ll serve the refreshments, bring your own mug if you like.
– Welcome and opening remarks – The Honourable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change
– City Of Ottawa – Kornel Mucsi – Dutch intersection design,
– Report on Winter Cycling Congress 2016, St. Paul, Minnesota – Presenter: Kate Whitfield (Parsons)
– Bike Ottawa’s Annual Report on Cycling
2:30 – 3:00 pm Refreshment and networking break
– Short Film Screening – Canadian Premiere of Mama Agatha (16 minutes), Dutch cycling documentary
– Update from the NCC – Bruce Devine
– Cycling research presentation – Felicity Borgal
– What to do if you are involved in a collision – Burn Tucker Lachaine Injury Lawyers
We’ll have a merchandise table for memberships and T-shirts (cash, credit and debit accepted), and several other organisations, including the Healthy Transporation Coalition and ReCyclore will be there too with a table.
We meet at McNabb Recreation Centre. Doors open at 12:30pm. We’ll start at 1 pm
We have space for about 100 people, and the room is now officially full! We thank everyone for their interest, and we’ll have to book a bigger space next year. We’re leaving our registration details up until the event is over. It’s possible there will be some no-shows, but we don’t want to find ourselves short of chairs or way over the room capacity, so sadly, we had to draw the line somewhere. As long as there’s space in the room, we don’t plan to turn anyone away, so show up on time and you should get in. Show up early if you want to be guaranteed a chair, though!
More details are on Eventbrite site here or if the widget works, right underneath. We askyou to sign up so that we can estimate the numbers for refreshments.