Carefree riding near Dow’s Lake during the Tulip Festival.
This 14km self-guided tour is a great way to see the main sites and beautiful colours of the tulip festival with a few stops for a drink and a bite to eat along the way, close to the route. You can do the whole tour or just a portion of it.
Route Highlights (detailed in the downloadable PDF of the routes):
- Commissioners's Park: over 250,000 tulips!
- Art-is-In Bakery for treats or The Moonroom (after 5) for small plates and cocktails
- Canadian War Museum for tulip beds and a green roof with a view
- Mill Street Brew Pub for refreshments
- Tulips at the Garden of the Provinces and Territories
- Parliament Hill for fantastic tulip photo opportunities
- Major's Hill Park - Parliament as your photo backdrop
- Tipples at The Manx or The Lieutenant's Pump
- Landowne tulip gallery: lots of amenities and exhibits here
- Refreshments at the Arrow and Loon pub
Flooding Note: As the Ottawa area has experienced some flooding lately that will impact part of the route as proposed here (that passing along the Ottawa River Pathway below Parliament Hill), we’ve provided an alternative route if the pathway remains flooded. In that case, use Flood Map.